Friday, June 26, 2009

Well That Was Unexpected

So last night I tuned in to one of the most shocking things I have ever heard in my life:

Micheal Jackson died of a heart attack.

And while I wasn't the closest follower of his music, nor did I pay much attention to both his notoriety in the media and the very shameful jokes about him and his personal life, it still sort of sent my head jerking backwards just slightly. Him dying was completely out of left field!

Seriously, who was expecting Micheal Jackson to die? So soon, no less? Sure, you can use the excuse that he was fifty years old, but I really have a hard time swallowing that, if not for the fact that my dad's side of the family comes from a strong line of long-lasting, healthy individuals, not to mention our eighty year old neighbor not only lives on her own but maintains her property on a very regular basis and is pretty active. Fifty years old is freaking young. Fifty is seriously the new twenty. A morbidly obese thirty-five year old has a pretty parallel chance of succumbing to a heart attack.

In any case, it's still a pretty damn huge shock to the world (and pretty sick that people are already making jokes about it. Seriously guys, do you have no shame? Let the man rest). And what really blows me away is that the rumour that death usually occurs in threes seems to be an actual fact. Not only did M.J. kiss the dirt, but so did long-time cancer fighter, Farrah Fawcett of Charlie's Angels fame, and Ed McMahon.

A lot of people (young and old) seem to be kicking the bucket lately. 2009 must be the Chinese year for "celebrity death".

2 comments:

  1. I hate to say this, I mean I really seriously hate saying it, but I wasn't shocked. He got sooo thin lately, and set himself up for a huge tour schedule, and I can't imagine the stress of his life.

    All tragic, just totally tragic. I worry for his children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh totally... You see all these videos in memoriam of MJ, but what's going on with his kids??

    ReplyDelete